Program and Policy Planning
In 2017 PMED signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Palestinian Ministry of Health to support the health sector through assistance to the Ministry with policy planning, with the development of clinical services in the governmental and nongovernmental sectors, and with medical education programs designed to reach a diverse group of health sector workers.
Selected Past Programs
- Contributed to a proposal by the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime to develop a drug detoxification program and a substance abuse rehabilitation center within a correctional facility in Jericho, Palestine.
- Assisted in the planning process for the creation of a program to provide opiate addiction substitution therapy in the West Bank.
- Provided consultation to a community mental health center based in Bethlehem, Palestine, to prepare a needs assessment and a strategic plan for the expansion of its clinical services to Hebron, Palestine.
- Provided consultation to Dr. Eyad El Sarraj, Chairman of the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme.
- Provided consultation to a private NGO developing a school-based mental health intervention in Gaza.
- Provided the Red Crescent with a human resources development strategy for expanding cancer care in Gaza.